An athlete needs proper training under the right coach to reach their maximum potential and grow into a better player. Below is the list of the top football academies in the South Mumbai area that help an athlete become better:
- Tipu Sultan Football Academy: Tipu Sultan Football Academy is one of the top academies, for past 20 years. All the coaches here are AIFF registered and this academy has produced about 70 National and 4 International players till date. If you want to boost your career as a football player, this is the perfect pick.
- Soccer School of Excellence: Soccer School of Excellence is a 7 year old football academy focused on grassroots development and training for over 1000 kids in Mumbai. SSE team boasts of 20 certified & licensed coaches who are young, enthusiastic and extremely good with children. SSE also organizes football leagues every year in India and in Europe.
- Kenkre Football Club: The club was founded in 2000 under the patronage of former footballer and football coach Sir Adib Kenkre and Joshua Lewis (CEO). Kenkre Football Club has participated in the I-League 2nd division and is one of the popular football hubs in Mumbai; known for nurturing young athletes into skilful and mature players.
- FCB Escola: Train the Catalan way at FCB Escola – the Official Football School of FC Barcelona. They offer top quality training to upcoming footballers. They have programs designed to enhance individual skills and develop players as part of a team. “Escola” literally means ‘school’ in Catalan, and like a school, participants graduate to the next year at the end of a year’s program.
- Indian Football School: The Indian Football School is a premier institution aimed at providing the best football training in Mumbai, developing grass root football across India. The IFS is managed by the same team that successfully ran the Manchester United Soccer Schools programs across India for over 2 years. Their core coaching staff is committed to delivering top quality player development programs across world-class training facilities. Also, now with their partnership with Brasil Sports Academia (BSA), Mumbai footballers can hope to learn to play the Brazilian way!
- Naunehal Football Club: The club was founded in 2013 targeting young athletes looking for proper training. The coaches are certified and aim to improve every child, nurturing them as individuals and as part of a team. Naunehal F.C. plays in MDFA 2nd Division providing a platform for the budding players to perform and grow.